Monday, May 12, 2008

Bitter-sweet Release

Yesterday was a good day. Besides it being Mother's Day, I was released from my calling as Primary President. I had been serving as President for almost 3 years, and had been in the presidency for 2 years before that. I'm having some mixed emotions about it. In general, I'm excited to move on to a new chapter in my life. On the other hand...I'm not too sure about going to Relief Society.

From what I understand there are actual discussions that happen there.

And we don't burst into song every few minutes there.

How will I focus when I don't have 3,000 other details rambling around in my brain?

Will I be able to give insightful comments?

Who will I sit by?

Will I finally be able to convince my husband to go to Sunday School? And if I do, and I don't like it either...how will I get out of it without seeming like a hypocrite?

Will I be sad as I walk past the primary room and hear them singing my favorite song?

Who will give my kids the stink eye if they're not behaving like perfect little angels?

On second thought, I bet none of that will even matter, because I'm pretty sure I'll be the 'snag-from-the-hall-because-Sis.-so-and-so-didn't-show-up-
today-and-didn't-get-a-sub' sub.

In other news...I've been asked to be the Enrichment Leader. I have no idea what that entails, but I'm excited to find out.

10 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

YAY!!!! Ooh, I'm so excited. So who's in the new presidency now, huh? huh?

Jen said...

Change is good! I am the enrichment leader too! It is fun cuz you get to do all the things you wished the committee would do but never did!! Have fun!

Kristine said...

So excited/sad for you. Couple weeks ago there was a shake up and I thought I might get released and I was so sad and had all those same questions running in my head. So Funny but I am way excited for your new calling. It is sooooooo fun. One of my favs I've ever had.

Micheline said...

Hey - you can sit by me - I don't have anyone to sit by, because Mikel seems to be in Primary all the time! I'll be happy to have someone to sit by!

shauna said...

Cool, 'cause you still get to be BOSS!

lindsay said...

hahaha, i wish you were in my ward so we could ditch sunday school together!!!

{i just got called to teach the CTR 6 class....i went for the first time on sunday and it was absolutely wretched. The worst kid is the primary president's son and i dont know how to handle him!!! yeah..we'll have to have you Jensens over for dinner at our place so we can exchange some stories!)

Unknown said...

oh my heck, no Karen in Primary? that's nuts. I would like to extend a calling to you... would you please be our new nursery leader?

lackrik said...

:( I'm going to be sad the day I get released from primary! It's WAY more fun than sunday school. I don't even mind nursery. They get snacks. lol

You will ROCK as enrichment leader though!!!

White Family said...

I will miss you in Primary. Good job on handling the "situation" yesterday in Primary. Does his mom know how he shared his comments during sharing time?? It happens to all of us. It gets worse when they get older. Life is so fun.

Cookie Mama said...

What is that saying? Out of the frying pan, into the fire? Think it goes something like that. You are an amazing person and whatever calling you have people will be blessed because you are serving them. I know you'll do a great job!

Love ya,
Heather