Thursday, February 5, 2009

What I've been up to...

I thought I'd post some pictures of some of the things I've been doing with my time lately.



First, Lorena posted about these blocks at Christmas time and I knew they would be the perfect gift for someone...so I had to make them. Lorena, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea...right down to the color scheme. They say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right? I hope the someone they're for will forgive me for sending them closer to Valentine's Day than Christmas. Thanks for the great idea, Lorena. Here's how mine turned out:














I've been really enjoying learning another new hobby (yeah, I'm sure Chris is thrilled that there's ANOTHER one), too. I love the hand stamped jewelry I've been seeing around, so I have been playing around with that, too.


I made myself this necklace (mainly because I was making it for someone else, and kinda messed up...can you find my boo-boo?)...






I also made this one...its for my niece who's getting married in March. It has their monograms. I love it! Isn't it SO cute? I can't wait to give it to her at her bridal shower this weekend. No peeking, Sara.




So, that's what I've been up to lately. Now, I have got to finish posting about Thanksgiving, Christmas and everything else...but that'll be another day!





13 comments:

Micheline said...

I like the jewelry. You do good work. I really like the blocks. They turned out great!

lindsay said...

looks like it's time for you to open up your own ETSY shop mrs. jensen!!! they are beautiful!!! and if i had such adorable children, i would make those blocks...but alas, it's just me and jared.

our faces all over blocks=not so cute

Jen said...

those blocks are so cute!! I love them. I would love to get into jewelery making but I don't know how much eliott would love another hobby. I have been thinking that for a year or so!! way to go those pieces are fun!

sue said...

I love the blocks. I would make some but I don't seem to have "that way" with anything remotely scrapbooky. Also, half of my family refuses to take normal pictures. UGH!

I can't believe you made that necklace (I mean, I can, but WOW!) Hopefully next week will not be as nuts for me. Let's chat!

shauna said...

Love them!!!

You figured out the camera!!! yay, and I am so glad, cause those are darn cute. The recipients will love them like I love mine. Lucky us!

Miss Melis said...

I want to join your new hobby club. I have extra time because I didn't and usually don't get the books read for each month. So pick me to be your new hobby buddy! :)

The Scotts said...

Both are so cute! I totally want to make those blocks! How do you do it?

utah beach kids said...

Luv luv luv the blocks and necklaces. I think I will have to copy them for myself. They are way cute! I wish I was up to something fun like that. :)

The Martineaus said...

I agree with Lindsay Sherman, you should market this stuff! I love the blocks, what a refreshing updated twist to displaying family pics. You're so talented.

Cookie Mama said...

Love it all! You are the crafty girl. You'll have to teach the rest of us how your turn all the paper we buy into stuff we can actually use on scrapbook night.

I have that same steel stamping set, what do you use under them when you stamp?

hawley crew said...

Cute can i copy you!! I need those blocks. Jewlery is cute to.

Janelle said...

Hey Karen- I love the blocks and the necklaces. You always inspire me with your craftiness! How fun!

Kristine said...

I LOVE the jewelry! How fun! Where did you get all your stuff... I need a charm for a mothers bracelet and the lady who used to do it doesn't anymore... Very Cute stuff!